Father Michael Ko KMS
St. Therese of the Child Jesus
Summer 2023 Mass Schedule
June 25 – September 24
- Sunday Ceremony in the Absence of the priest at 4:00 pm
(EMOHC Paul Taylor leads the Ceremony) with the following exceptions:
- August 13th and 20th, Sunday Mass at 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm only (Celebrant: Fr. David Swantek, Pastor of St. Martha Parish, NJ)
- September 10th, Sunday Mass at 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm only (Celebrant: Fr. Maron Cheun KMS, Parochial vicar of St. Paul, the apostle) * There is no weekday Mass from June 25 ~ to September 24.
October, 2023 – April, 2024
- Sunday Mass: 5 pm
- Weekday Masses: Monday and Tuesday 12:10 pm
* (No Mass available when there’s no ferry in January and February. So please, check AMHS ferry Schedule in January and February at https://dot.alaska.gov/amhs)
The Church of St. Therese is located in the center of Skagway, surrounded by the majestic beauty of the upper Lynn Canal. We extend a warm welcome to all who may wish to join us for worship or simply drop by for a visit.
Skagway was founded in 1897 as the gold rush began. The first priest to visit was Fr. Paul Bougis SJ who came in the fall of that year. In 1898, a large empty store was purchased and converted into a church—St. Mark’s—and the first Mass was offered in that church on Christmas Eve, 1898. Over the years, many priests have served the people and visitors of Skagway, and in 1979 our present church was built with the help of the Christian Brothers and the good people of Skagway.
We currently have about 20 families in our parish, and we share a priest with Sacred Heart parish in Haines.
May your stay in Alaska be enjoyable in every way. May God bless you and be your companion on the journey.